Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What to focus on?

Yin Yoga is all about letting go! Releasing muscles, releasing thought, connecting to the earth......Most of the poses are on the floor where you can sink into calm space with the help of music and dialogue. We will also chant sanskrit through a couple of the held poses which is deeply transformative, taking your mind completely away from what is going on in the physical body and brings you naturally deeper into the pose.....further than ever before.

I tried a Yin Yoga class earlier this year and loved it. I hope to do more of it in the future.



Currently I'm attending a few classes at the gym: Mind and Body, Studio Pilates and Boxing.  I tried going to a class called Sh'Bam and it just wasn't for me, I guess I was hoping it was more like a Zumba class, but it's nothing like it.  I have enjoy the other classes, especially the Pilates as I had never done that before.  The Mind and Body has a mixture of Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi. It's a good class, but I don't feel as connected to it as I wish I was. The Boxing class is great, wears me out and makes me feel like I'm actually working out.

There are the things I like to do:
Boxing
Belly Dancing
Yoga
Zumba
Pilates
Swimming
Roller Skating

How can I do all of these? Should I focus on just a few? Which ones do I focus on?  For now I focus on the ones that are more easily available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment